Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blatche affected by rumors

Via Nick Borges of ESPN...


Wizards power forward Andray Blatche is struggling with his shot the last few games and says he needs to stop thinking so much because it is not helping him.
"I find myself in a bad groove, and catch myself start thinking," Blatche tells The Washington Post. "I start thinking about my misses and my mistakes, and it's just like a bear getting on my back, and the more I think about it, the more I mess up. I'm just going to come out, try to keep my mind clear and just play."
Blatche has also heard his name in the rumor mill and says the reports are affecting him.
"That bothers me some," Blatche said. "But that's the name of the game. I just gotta keep trucking along with it."
The Wizards have recently began to call around the league to find out what they could get for Blatche, who has four years and roughly $29.82 million remaining on his deal after this season.



In my last post, I brought up the problems between J.J. Hickson of the Cavs and his head coach Byron Scott and how that may affect a trade for Blatche.  Blatche, who last seasons feuded a bit with head coach Flip Saunder after his role on the team was expanded due to the suspension of Gilbert Arenas, could benefit from a change of scenery.  Keep an eye on both the Blatche and Hickson situations, as both could be tied at the hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment