Thursday, January 6, 2011

NBA Dunk Contest News

Via Nick Borges of ESPN...


DeMar DeRozan, who was the runner-up to Nate Robinson in last years slam dunk contest, is not in the event this year. DeRozan says he'd participate, if his friend, Brandon Jennings, can't because of injuries.

"Yeah, I'd go," DeRozan told the Toronto Sun. "I'll win it."
as gone
DeRozan said he lost last year because of a lack of confidence in his health.

"There's a lot of stuff I wanted to do, but I just came off the injury. I was kind of timid because my leg was still bothering me," he said.



The Blake Griffin, I mean, the NBA Dunk Contest participants were announced yesterday. To no ones surprise, Blake Griffin will be participating. Along with him, JaVale McGee of the Wizards, Serge Ibaka of the Thunder and Brandon Jennings of the Bucks round out the field. Jennings has been hurt this season and has only completed 2 dunks all year so his inclusion was a surprise. If you ask fans, I think they rather see DeRozan then Jennings. DeRozan and Griffin in the Dunk Final could be special. And what happened to LeBron? After saying he was still iffy on joining this years competition, LeBron has gone quiet since the participants were announced. Just another reasons for fans to hate LeBron.

No comments:

Post a Comment